Calendar of Events for Wednesday 22 November 2017:
- Today, Bingo at the Painter Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6:30pm, games begin at 7:30pm.
- Today, Thanksgiving Service at Craddockville UMC. A service of testimonies and songs of praise. Come out and join us! 7PM
- Today, Exmore Baptist Church will have a Thanksgiving Communion Service at 7 pm. Music, testimonies, and a message by Pastor Jonathan Carpenter.
- Today, Eastern Shore Community College closes at 12pm and will be closed for Thanksgiving Break until Monday, November 27th.
- Today, Waterman Wednesdays - 5:30 pm at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek, featuring $1 Ruby Salts Oyster Company with Chris Buck and Indian Rock Oysters, with Beer and Wine Specials. Come and join the fun!
- Today, "Friendsgiving" starting at 5:30 p.m. at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek with oysters, music and fun! $1.00 Ruby Salt oysters, beer and wine specials and featuring live music with Dustin Furlow for your listening pleasure.
- Tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day
- Tomorrow, The Good News Club - 3:45 pm at Hollies Baptist Church, 17691 Hollies Church Road in Keller with transportation available from Pungoteague Elementary School. This is a fun, safe and educational weekly event for your child. Parents are asked to pick up their kids promptly at 5:15 pm from the church.
- Friday 24 Nov, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 24 Nov through Saturday 25 Nov, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio will be on the Artisans Guild Tour 2017. Clelia C. Sheppard, Thelma Peterson, Susan Kovacs and Kathy Grook will be featured at Neptune's Watch.
- Friday 24 Nov, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio will offer complimentary refreshments all day and a "What you are seeking, is seeking you" treasure hunt. Special prizes given out for the hidden stickers placed around the gallery. Prizes include artwork, tote bags, rings, t-shirts, note cards and candy. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 24 Nov, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Dr. John Sheppard on piano 6-8 PM Everyone welcome. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * firstname.lastname@example.org * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 24 Nov, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Push Comedy Theater 8 PM The Push Comedy Theater hosts live sketch, improv and stand-up comedy. Life is better when you?re laughing and we are thankful for that! Everyone welcome. Free. Donations Welcome. Cash bar. 301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 24 Nov through Saturday 25 Nov, Artisans Guild Holiday Tour - 10am to 5pm. Thanksgiving Weekend self-drive shopping and wine tasting tour. More details at ESVAartisansguild.org
- Friday 24 Nov, Jeff Madson performing at The Great Machipongo Clam Shack. Jeff is a well-known local with fabulous renditions of blues, rock and more! Call 442-3800 for info.
- Friday 24 Nov, Accomack Sheriff Department’s 3rd annual Stuff the Car Event - 9am to 5pm at Wal-Mart in Onley. For more info contact the Accomack County Sheriff's Department, 757-787-1131
- Saturday 25 Nov, Bingo at the Eastville Volunteer Fire Company Bingo Hall. Early birds start at 7 pm.
- Saturday 25 Nov, Annual Oyster Roast 4-8 pm at the Cape Charles Museum. Live music by Mike Proffitt and Dana Silvercloud. Tickets - $40 adults and $15 for children 7-12 - available at the Museum and Periwinkles in Cape Charles by cash or check, or over the internet by credit card:send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating number of tickets desired, and we will bill you through PayPal.
- Saturday 25 Nov, Annual Holiday Craft Show - 9am to 3pm at the Chincoteague High School, 4586 Main Street.
- Saturday 25 Nov, Redneck Romp 10 Miler & 5K Run/Walk in Wachapreague, VA. This annual event benefits the Wachapreague Fire Company and Waste Watchers of the Eastern Shore. Choose either the 10 miler or the 5K run/walk. Commemorative event t-shirt, finishing medal, trophy by division, and post race celebration. Leashed canines and baby joggers/strollers welcome. Registration/Check-In 7:00-8:45, Gun Time 9:30. For more info visit www.RedneckRomp.net
- Saturday 25 Nov, Chincoteague Christmas Tree Lighting - 5 pm on Main Street in Chincoteague
- Saturday 25 Nov, Murder Mystery Dinner - 5:30 pm to 9 pm at the Eastern Shore Yacht & Country Club. It will be a Murderously Festive Holiday Comedy! Come join us for a Murder Mystery and 3 Course Dinner. $50 a ticker includes the show, a 3 course meal, tax, and gratuity. Call 787-1525 for reservations.
- Saturday 25 Nov, "3 Sheets" - 7pm at The Island Theater Annex on Chincoteague Island. Celtic, Nautical, & Shore Folk Music. Cost $10, Cash Bar
- Monday 27 Nov, Bingo at the Onancock Elks Lodge in Accomac. Doors open at 5:30, bingo starts at 7pm. Food served.
- Monday 27 Nov, Sunshine after the Storm - Prayer Group for bereaved parents/grandparents at Craddockville UMC 7pm
- Tuesday 28 Nov, Men's Bible Study - When I Became A Man - at Craddockville UMC. starts at 6:30pm
- Tuesday 28 Nov, Final day for all three Riverside thrift store locations in Oak Hall, Onancock and Exmore. All items are marked 50% off. Last chance!
- Wednesday 29 Nov, Grace United Methodist Church in Parksley is having its Wednesday night dinner from 5:30 - 6:30 serving roasted pork loin, candied yams, mashed cauliflower, turnip greens, cornbread and pumpkin pie. All are welcome! Adults are $8, children 6-12 years old are $4 and under 6 are free.
- Wednesday 29 Nov, Hack Your Brain Trivia with Eric Hack starting at 5:30 p.m. at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek. Come with a team or go it alone, but join in with all the fun!
- Thursday 30 Nov, Women's Bible Study - Advent study using the book Uncluttered Heart. Starts at 7pm at Craddockville UMC. Contact Jean Bacchi if interested, 757-837-8087
- Friday 1 Dec, Texas Hold 'Em Poker at the Bloxom Volunteer Fire Company. Doors open at 6 PM and the game starts at 7 PM. 710-0408
- Friday 1 Dec, Lemon Tree Gallery and Studio presents Jim Newsom 6-8PM Festive Fridays with Jim Newsom is well known throughout southeastern Virginia as a diversely talented singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. Everyone welcome. Complimentary refreshments/cash bar.301 Mason Ave., Cape Charles, VA 23310 * 757-331-4327 * email@example.com * @lemontreecapecharles
- Friday 1 Dec, Tree Lighting Ceremony - 5:30 pm at Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital in Onley.
- Friday 1 Dec, Come down for Parksley’s Old Fashioned Christmas, featuring hay-rides, s’mores, an appearance from Santa and much more! Event from 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Friday 1 Dec, First Friday at The Farm - Continuing with music from C-Pier fun, we will be featuring live bands on the First Friday of the Month at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek. Music and time TBA.
- Friday 1 Dec, Chair Place Player - 8pm at ESO Live in Belle Haven VA. $10 Admission, Cash Bar, Light Snacks
- Friday 1 Dec, Free Soup Dinner - 4:30 to 6:30 PM at Oak Grove UMC, 30053 Seaside Road. Chili, chicken noodle, bean, and vegetable beef soup. Served with ham biscuits and other sandwiches, veggies, dessert and tea or coffee. For questions call 710-4920 or 787-1508. All are welcome at Oak Grove UMC.
- Saturday 2 Dec, The Soroptimist Club of Accomack County will be holding a Frozen Food and Bake Sale from 8:00 am to 10:00 am at the Onley United Methodist Church. Goodies may include frozen casseroles, quiches, soup, chili and baked goods. All items are homemade by some of the Shore's best cooks! Stop by and stock up for the holidays. All proceeds from the sale will benefit our community.
- Saturday 2 Dec, Chincoteague Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade - 7 pm on Main Street in Chincoteague.
- Saturday 2 Dec, The Soroptimist Club of Accomack County will be holding a Frozen Food and Bake Sale from 8 am to 10 am at the Onley United Methodist Church on East Main Street. Goodies may include frozen casseroles, quiches, soup, chili and baked goods. All items are homemade by some of the Shore’s best cooks! Stop by and stock up for the holidays. All proceeds from the sale will benefit our community.
- Saturday 2 Dec, Pancake Breakfast with Santa and Holiday Craft Fair - 9am to 1pm at the Occohannock Elementary School. Join us for holiday fun and shopping!
- Sunday 3 Dec, Bingo at VFW Post 2296 in Tasley. Doors open at 1 pm, early bird games start at 2 pm.
- Sunday 3 Dec, 2nd Annual Christmas Crab Pot Tree Lighting - 3pm to 5:30pm at the Saxis Fire Hall. There will be caroling so dress warmly, crafts and lots of fun. Community Fellowship for all. Santa will be attending so kids don’t forget to bring your list and parents don’t forget your camera to capture the moment. Snacks will be provided. Please come join us in making this event a success.
- Wednesday 6 Dec, Grace United Methodist Church in Parksley is having its Wednesday night dinner from 5:30 - 6:30 serving "Chicken Ala Lisa"-tender chicken, bowtie pasta, dijon cream sauce, ham, peas, garlic bread and tira misu. All are welcome! Adults are $8, children 6-12 years old are $4 and under 6 are free.
- Wednesday 6 Dec, Waterman Wednesdays - 5:30 pm at The Oyster Farm at Kings Creek featuring $1.00 Sewanscott Oysters with beer and wine specials. Come on in and join the fun!
You can add to this calendar
Word of the Day: